VEHICLE SAFETY TIPSAlmost every one of us have been a victim, or know a victim of vehicular break-ins. It is fair to say that they can happen at anytime and anywhere. Pay attention to the following tricks and advice, and adding yourself to the climbing car crime statistics.
• Never leave your car running unattended, even to dash into a business, store, etc.
• Never leave any keys in the car or ignition, inside a locked garage, or in hide-a-key boxes.
• Always roll up your windows and lock the car, even if it is parked in front of your home.
• Never leave valuables in plain view, even if your car is locked. Put them in the trunk out of sight.
• Always park in high-traffic, well-lighted areas, when possible.
• Install a mechanical device that locks the steering wheel, column, or brakes. These devices will deter some criminals.
• Investigate the purchase of a vehicle theft tracking/security system, especially if you own one of the frequently stolen model vehicles.
• Never leave personal identification documents, vehicle ownership title, or credit cards in your vehicle.
• Copy your license plate and vehicle information (VIN) numbers on a card and keep them with you. If your vehicle is stolen, when you will go to report it to the police immediately, the police will need this information to take a report.